Sources pulled from ABC 13 Houston — A high speed chase ended with a suspect hitting a pregnant woman’s vehicle, deputies said. According to the
Brandon Cammack Houston Dog Bite Lawyer
If you have been injured in a dog attack, or have been injured as a result of another person’s pet, you may be eligible for personal injury compensation due to the dog bite laws set in the state of Texas. Our Houston personal injury lawyers can help you recover compensation for the medical care you have used due to the accident, loss of wages due to the inability to work and the pain and suffering you were forced to go through. We understand that dog attacks are terrifying, but you don’t have to go through this alone. Brandon C Personal Injury Lawyer Houston can help you fight for the compensation you deserve throughout Harris County Texas.
Harris County Texas Has Far Too Many Dog Bite Attacks
Recent studies have shown that there are major dog bite attacks throughout Harris County and throughout the United States. A Centers for Disease Control (CDC) study found that there are roughly 4.5 million dog bite victims per year in the United States. An article published by the National Institute of Health (NIH) found that over 750,000 people per year in the United States sustained dog bites that necessitate medical care. Another U.S. governmental study found that over 300,000 Americans a year visit emergency rooms as a result of dog bite injuries.
Between 2005 and 2017 canines killed 433 Americans. The two breeds of dogs that have been responsible for the most deaths in the United States are Rottweilers and Pitbulls. The state of Texas is one of the worst states when compared to the rest of the nation in a recent article by dogsbite.org. Texas was found that between 2005 and 2013 there were 34 fatalities — more than any other state — resulting from dog bites. With Pitbulls being responsible for 76 percent of the total fatalities and Rottweilers accounting for 15 percent of the total deaths. Of the total deaths, Texas data has shown that 68 percent of the dog attack victims were 11 years old and younger.
What Should You Do After A Dog Attack?
- Get medical attention immediately. If you’ve been attacked by a dog, it is imperative that you get the treatment you need to help with your wounds and injuries. This can be as simple as visiting the emergency room, check in with a local health care specialist or therapy for the emotional damages you have suffered from as a result of the attack.
- Check for viruses/rabies. Make sure that the dog is checked for rabies as soon as possible. If you live in the city of Houston, most law enforcement agencies will investigate the attack and check for rabies.
- Get as much information as possible on the dog owner. Getting information such as the owner’s name, address, property insurance will be enough information needed to file a claim.
- Take photos of your injuries from the attack. Pictures can be used against insurance adjusters or in court to show the extent of your injuries. Take pictures as soon as you are physically able to, ideally during the same day, then the following days after for 1-2 weeks.
- Hire our Houston Dog Bite Lawyers for the best representation in town. While your case may not need a lawyer, we still recommend that you contact our firm to schedule a free case evaluation. Knowing your rights during a personal injury matter can make or break the outcome of your case. Do what’s right from the very beginning of your case.
Additional Case Types
- Dog Bites
- Car Accidents
- Motorcycle Accidents
- Uber Accidents
- Lyft Accidents
- Slip and Fall Accidents
- Pedestrian Accidents
Drunk Drivers Make The Worst Decisions First, they fail to realize that they are far too drunk/intoxicated to get behind the wheel and second, their